Jim Moore is General Manager for the Novotel Queenstown Lakeside and has done so for the last 3 years, this is in conjunction with his 26 years of Hotel experience including 12 years as General Manager in New Zealand and two years in the UK market and travelling in Europe.
In Jim's roles over the years he has accumulated a number of awards in the Hotel Industry focusing on architecture and for performance of the Hotel. Other awards include:
- Winners Best Hotel for Advantage Plus Guests 2006
- Regional Winner of Accor’s Auckland Barista competition
- Regional Winner of ARDENZ Receptionist of the year
- 2005 Hospitality Standards Institute awards for Training by a workplace
- Accommodation Provider category
Jim has also been involved with a number of organisations over the years including roles as:
- Chairperson of New Zealand Hotel Council – Auckland
- Board Member of the CBD advisory Board within Council
- Deputy Chairman of Executive Board of Tourism Waikato.
- Advisory Board of Polytechnic. University, Sir George Seymour College.
- Research Development group at University of Waikato School of Business – hospitality