Melissa Jenner is the Founder of START Now and has over 25 years’ business experience in general management and strategy and marketing, gained from working in some of the world’s largest corporations.
Her career spans the following achievements:
- Account Director, Saatchi & Saatchi, Wellington
- Vice-President Marketing, Microsoft EMEA, London
- Global Vice-President Marketing & Communications, Cantor Fitzgerald, New York
Sadly, Cantor Fitzgerald (based in the World Trade Centre) were tragically impacted by 9/11. Melissa helped the organisation through disaster recovery for 6 months, before returning to New Zealand.
- Marketing Director, NZX, Wellington
- COO Trading, Barclays Wealth, London
- Director, Better by Design NZTE, Auckland
START Now specialises in innovation and design thinking and she has worked with a range of mid-sized companies to develop innovation strategies. She also established the first design-led human consulting service, helping 1000’s of New Zealanders to pivot and change careers.
Melissa is a Leadership Coach on AUT’s Brightside programme, a Human Innovation advisor on the Tech Futures Lab Masters programme, and a Consultant with Leadership Lab. She is also a qualified Lifeline Counsellor. She is certified in Design Thinking from Stanford University in California and Leadership from Columbia in New York.
Melissa relocated to Queenstown in 2020, and now lives in Arthurs Point.