Please see below key COVID-19 updates including mandatory face coverings, vaccine rollout, wage subsidy applications and a message grid document with the most up to date messaging.
Key things to note:
- From 11:59pm last night, face coverings are mandatory for all people (employees and customers) at business and services operating at Alert Level 4, involving customer contact.
- There are five new cases of COVID-19 to report for a total of ten cases in the community. In addition, there are three new cases in returnees in managed isolation.
- Genomic testing has shown case A has the Delta variant and that there is a genomic link to the New South Wales outbreak. Investigations are continuing.
- Auckland community testing centres are again operating extended hours and testing is underway in Thames and Coromandel Township with additional testing centres being rapidly stood up. COVID-19 testing locations can be found on Unite Against COVID-19.
- Financial assistance is available to employers and employees through the Resurgence Support Payment and the Leave Support Scheme - see below.
Alert Level 4
- Vaccine rollout
- The COVID-19 vaccination programme has resumed from 8am today (Thursday 19 August) throughout NZ operating under alert level 4 conditions.
- This will look a bit different - with vaccination sites operating under alert level 4 conditions, our capacity will be reduced due to physical distancing requirements and other safety measures.
- The reduced capacity means we may need to postpone some appointments. If your appointment needs to be postponed you will be contacted by the Ministry of Health, your DHB or healthcare provider. If you don’t hear from them, please come to your appointment as scheduled.
- The 40+ age band is open from today – anyone in that age band can now visit bookmyvaccine.nz to make their bookings.
COVID-19 Wage Subsidy August 2021
Work and Income have released a form for employers to complete, to register interest in the Wage Subsidy. Completing this form will keep employers up to date with the subsidy. We would highly encourage all that have been affected to fill it out. There are no prerequisites to filling the form.
Complete this form and you will be notified when applications for the COVID-19 Wage Subsidy August 2021 open.
Provide your email address and Work and Income will send you updates when applications are open along with information about the range of support they have available to help. From 9am on Friday 20 August 2021, applications will be open for two weeks.
Other COVID-19 Financial Support
You may also be able to get the Resurgence Support Payment from Inland Revenue to help with business costs.
The Leave Support Scheme and the Short-Term Absence Payment are also available.
COVID-19 Message Grid - Wednesday 18 August 2021
ALERT LEVEL 4 – 5:30PM UPDATE
This contains the most up-to-date and approved messaging on key COVID-19 matters. Information that changes or is added between grids will be highlighted. This version was current at 18/08/2021 5:54 pm. Please click here to view the COVID-19 Message Grid.
Have questions or need advice?
COVID-19 business support payments and financial assistance are available - here.
Useful resources for more information
Information on workplace operations at COVID-19 alert levels
COVID-19: Information for businesses
COVID-19 New Zealand Government updates
Work & Income NZ - COVID-19 Support
As we learn more, we will keep you updated.
Our team is now working from home.
You can reach us at email@example.com or our Regional Business Partners at firstname.lastname@example.org
Look after yourselves, friends and family, and your team.