Providing invaluable support
With a business mentor you can step outside the day to day running of your business to take a look at your business as a whole and see the opportunities and issues you face, or potentially will face.
Having a mentor -
- Instills discipline
- Allows you to work on your business
- Helps you gain perspective
- Supports your decision making
- Helps you know where you should go for research or to get answers
- Helps you identify gaps that may need addressing
- Helps you find solutions quickly
- Helps you focus on measuring performance
A good mentor -
- Is patient
- Has good general business experience in either their own business or a senior management role
- Is a great listener and offers support
- Can understand the business quickly
- Can focus on what the business is about and the skill levels of the business owner
Anyone who is trading and has a financial history can apply for a mentor. There is no time limit as to how long the business has been operating.
The process of obtaining a mentor is simple -
If your business employs fewer than 25 full-time employees and provides you with your primary source of income, with evidence of trading, you qualify to register for mentoring assistance.
- Register online at www.businessmentors.org.nz
- Complete an online registration
- Pay a one off $295 + GST registration fee (for one year's of registration)
- Your local agent will contact you to arrange your mentor match
And it is even easier to become a mentor -
- Complete the Business Mentor application form at www.businessmentors.org.nz selecting the areas of expertise and industry experience with which you are most familiar
- Your local agent will contact you to discuss your business and challenges. There are 18 Business Mentors New Zealand agencies throughout New Zealand.