Workshop: Persuading & Influencing Others
Virtually any business role requires people to persuade and influence effectively – whether it’s influencing customers, internal and external stakeholders, or persuading your colleagues… or your boss! It’s a core skill for anyone in business. But moving someone’s mindset from one position to another requires strategies, preparation and a range of skills. Winging it won’t work… you need to win people over.
This workshop provides practical tools and frameworks that will help you influence more effectively in a range of situations, such as the need to:
- Win buy-in for your initiative, proposal or idea
- Raise awareness of an issue to get a speedy resolution
- Persuade people that may have competing priorities
- Influence when you don’t have the necessary authority
- Build good working relationships with customer and/or stakeholders
- Communicate more effectively if you are a business leader or people manager
The tools and models covered are practical and innovative. No lectures full of esoteric theory…. if it can’t be easily applied, it is not in the workshop!
Duncan runs Lionheart Consulting, a communication skills consultancy that helps business clients with all forms of communication - including presentation and sales pitches; influencing, consulting and interview skills; and content development such as website messaging. With depth and experience having worked throughout the world, Duncan’s workshop are highly practical, offering tips, tools and techniques to help people to communicate with impact, clarity and confidence.